Saturday, April 05, 2003

Hiroto

Have lunch with Hiroto and Chieko-san as a celebration for their wedding. Their wedding party will be held next month, but I cannot attend it because I'll be staying in London at that time. So today's lunch with them. We planned to go to the Canal Cafe at Iidabashi (click here for a review in English) because this place has a terrace with a view of cherry blossoms. Yes, now is the time for hanami (seeing cherry blossoms), one of the Japanese long-lasting customes in spring. But unfortunately it's raining today. So we change our plan and have lunch at Pizzeria La VoLPaiA at Kagurazaka.

Hiroto is one of my best friends. I met him when we were college freshmen. As I didn't have any best friends until I finished high school, he's kind of my first best friend. When I first heard he's going to get married, I was a bit jealous of the fact that he's already found someone who he'll devote himself to in the rest of his life. We've just lived for 25 years or so. I honestly envy him.

Having said that, I absolutely want to celebrate the fact that one of my best friends gets married. Happy wedding!

No comments: