Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Why a Japanese DJ hugely popular in Europe doesn't want to live in Europe

Yoji Biomehanika, a Japanese DJ, is hugely popular in Europe, and therefore travel to Europe many, many times a year, taking more than 10 hours to fly from Japan each time. His friends wonder why he doesn't live in Europe. An European promoter even offered him a house in Europe.

But he still lives in Japan. Why? He says,

"No matter how many times I stay there, I still don't understand the way of life in Europe. Especially, I can't stand horrible foods. I want to say this out loud. There's no country like Japan where you can eat great foods. I won't be able to compose good music if I eat bad foods."


I agree with him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Europe is filled with beautiful history and culture, and part of that is the food. It may not suit this DJ, but he can't just say that Europe has terrible food and that Japan is the best. That is wrong, and you are wrong for agreeing with his extreme statement.

This is one of the things I hated about living in Japan. Japanese people are extremely arrogant. I can't tell you how many times I heard Japanese people say that they couldn't stand (insert country here)'s (insert something here). Many times they had never even been to the country or only took a vacation there. And if you try to argue with them they say, "Well that's your opinion and this is mine. Japanese people don't like to argue." If you don't like to argue, then you shouldn't make extreme statements.

"Japanese food is the best in the world!"

"The Japanese language is the most complex and beautiful in the world!"

"Japan is the safest country in the world!"

"Japanese people are the smartest in the world!" (I heard this more than once)

"Japanese fried chicken is the best in the world."

"Japanese people are so much more humble than Americans." ← irony is lost on this idiot.

These are just a handful of things I actually heard when I was there. It's disgusting. It makes me angry when Americans do it too. I just stumbled upon your blog, and started reading random things. I thought it was very interesting, but this disappointed me. I've traveled the world extensively and lived in Japan for 2 years. It's a beautiful nation, but people like this DJ ultimately turned me off to it. You may like Japanese food better than European food, but this... this is ignorance. That is unacceptable.