Thursday, March 31, 2011

Flat hunting again

March is over, and it's about time to do flat-hunting again. I need to evacuate my current flat by mid-June. If you know someone who is planning to sublet their apartment from May or later (I wouldn't mind paying double rent for one and a half month), please let me know.

And I got contact via this blog from someone who is moving to Stockholm this August and worried about flat-hunting. Here's what I can tell.

It seems it is a political and social taboo to support for the abolition of rent control in Sweden. In other countries, this kind of policy is perceived as a bad one, but politically it's not feasible to scrap. But I've never ever ever heard any single Swede say that rent control should be scrapped. I still don't really know why.

No comments: