Monday, March 28, 2011

Missing milk tea in breakfast

While I was living in Tokyo and London, I would almost everyday have a cup of milk tea for breakfast. This habit of mine discontinued some time during my first years of life in Stockholm. Instead I have a cup of espresso with a dash of milk (the original macchiato, I suppose) in breakfast.

The reason is that once I leave home, I cannot have a cup of coffee that fits my taste bud in Stockholm, as I ranted some time ago on this blog. By now I know there are a couple of places that do serve my kind of coffee such as Mellqvist at Rörstrandsgatan 4 and Drop Coffee at Wollmar Yxkullsgatan 10. But these places are out of my daily way. And my workplace has an espresso machine by Nespresso, whose coffee just doesn't please my taste bud no matter how many times I try.

You might say I could stop drinking coffee then. However, I will have a withdrawal symptom unless I have at least one cup of coffee per day. To avoid suffering from bad coffee, I decided to brew espresso in the morning (with coffee beans bought at Mellqvist).

If you live in a foreign country, you need to give up several things. A cup of milk tea in breakfast is one of such things.

No comments: